With World Dance Day ready to leap into action on April 29th we thought we’d give you a few fun suggestions of ways you could celebrate it with your children. 1) Dance somewhere different. How about dancing in the park, in the supermarket, in the sandpit, on your garden wall, in the swimming pool or in the bathroom!
2) Make some World Dance Day celebratory footwear and add some bling to your ballet shoes! Read our post on decorating your ballet shoes here for inspiration.
3) Put on music which never fails to get your feet tapping – you know what tracks get you twirling, swirling, stomping, sliding and spinning.
4) Find a friend to join in the fun. Can you dance with your whole body from your head to your toes – even your tongue can dance!
5) It’s time to treat yourself and the kids to some live ballet. Check out our ballet events page to see what’s on in the world of ballet – let us know if you hear of any must see ballet shows suitable for kids 🙂 6) What’s your child’s favourite book? Could they act it out in dance and do a little performance for you and the family? These excerts from Northern Ballet’s ‘The Three Little Pigs’ might kickstart ideas: 7) Sign up for a dance class and try something new. We’re obviously big ballet fans here and would humongously recommend trying ballet whether you’re a child or a parent, but if you’re already doing ballet well hey, why not try something else too? See what’s on near you and give it a whirl, a wiggle or a wobble. 8) Get inspired with some new dance moves by checking out this World Dance Day Celebration video from Slovakia! It’s a lot of fun 🙂 9) Check out ‘Twinklesteps and the Disappearing Birdsong‘ and enjoy World Dance Day by snuggling up together at the end of the day with this action packed ballet themed adventure book.
10) And if you didn’t get chance to dance ALL DAY on World Dance Day, make sure you dance in the dark!
Happy World Dance Day from all the team at Twinklesteps. Let us know what you get up to in the comments section below. Watch out for our World Dance Day drawing competition winners being announced next week – exciting!
Don’t forget to sign up to our blog for ballet and dance inspiration, crafts, competitions and fun! Look over to your right and hit the ‘ooo yes please’ button 😉